The SLAS Journals Information Station
SLAS publishes two rigorously peer-reviewed MEDLINE-indexed scientific journals — SLAS Discovery (Advancing Life Sciences R&D) and SLAS Technology (Translating Life Sciences Innovation). Visit the journals’ station in the SLAS Member Center to meet the publishing team, learn more about the journals’ editorial scope and find out how to:
- Search, secure and manage information via SLAS Discovery Online and SLAS Technology Online.
- Submit an original scientific manuscript to SLAS Discovery or SLAS Technology.
- Increase awareness, discoverability and citations of your published manuscripts.
- Sign up for 30 days FREE ACCESS to SLAS Discovery and SLAS Technology.
- Pick up sample copies of SLAS Discovery and SLAS Technology (while supplies last).
SLAS Author Services Info Sessions
SLAS is committed to the success of its journal authors. Find out more about important services like ORCID, Kudos and Endnote FastPass. Learn post-publication marketing strategies to increase readership and citations. Say hello, ask questions and get to know the editors-in-chief.
Monday, Feb. 6
- 1:00 to 1:30 p.m. — Meet SLAS Technology Editor-in-Chief Edward Kai-Hua Chow of the National University of Singapore
- 1:30 to 2:00 p.m. — Using Kudos to Get More People to Read and Cite Your Research Beth Berry of SAGE Publishing
- 2:00 to 2:30 p.m. — Accelerate Life Sciences Research with Atypon Literatum Beth Berry of SAGE Publishing
Tuesday, Feb. 7
SLAS Author Workshop: How to Prepare a Manuscript for Publication
Wednesday, Feb. 8 from 8:00 to 9:15 a.m. (Convention Center Room 159AB)
Join the editors-in-chief of the SLAS journals for a step-by-step overview of how to design and write scientific research papers more clearly and effectively to improve their chances for publication. Attendees will learn what editors want, what they don't want, common mistakes, insider tips and how reviewers evaluate manuscripts. Presented by SLAS Discovery Editor-in-Chief Robert M. Campbell, PhD (Eli Lilly & Co.) and SLAS Technology Editor-in-Chief Edward Kai-Hua Chow, PhD (National University of Singapore).
For more info, visit www.slas.org/publications/scientific-journals.